View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 08:14   Link #16
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Nah. I was grown up watching Asian (mainly Korean) dramas and I know very well how wangsty they can get and anime unfortunately does the same . So, I've largely become desensitized.
I feel sorry for you.

As a guy who likes emotional stuff, Key works doesn't resonate with me at all. I find it annoying it relies too heavily on tropes and cliche like Clannad season 1. For the most part, I felt really sorry for Sunohara being the unfortunate loser who always falls for the main character's jokes. The main thing it's terrible at is it doesn't build up well enough, by the time I finished the anime, I was only happy I finished it. Maybe there were way too many characters to handle, in the end none of them ended up fully developed even the main heroine herself just stays the same as the beginning.

This anime is a bit ironic as the main theme may be about family but it's more specifically about the troubled heroines and how you are supposed to feel for their ordeals they went through and help them get through. In the end you don't feel much for them and strangely enough the only sympathetic one was the main character's father who was most of duration portrayed as an useless and uncaring parent. He was the main reason why After Story left me an impression after finishing it.