View Single Post
Old 2004-01-23, 04:01   Link #47
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gho
Hi,

I have been having dificulty finding good anime. I loved Cowboy Bebop (best ever), really enjoyed Lain, GITS and SAC creamed, Shigetsutan Tsukihime, URDA is really cool, Noir is not that great (weak plot and script), but all that I've see after this really sucks.

It is not because I completely disregard childish anime. I love LOVE HINA (specially the manga). But I have seen a LOT OF CRAP recently and I am getting a little lost. Last Exile sucks completely for instance... the production is superb, just like in Read or Die, but what the fuck happened to the history? It all comes to this childish stereotype that I really despise and that crude stupid brother and sister and, oh yes, (done in a girlish voice) "oh we can make it if we try hard" and "sigh"....

I am sick and tired of just watching first episodes and moving on...

Please don't recommend anything like Naruto or anything that would follow that same mental age pattern. I am really moved when I have to waste every single brain cell in my head just to follow the plot or when the script really Innovates ( I LOVE FLCL FOR THAT FLCL RULES TOO!!!).
While I dont know any anime out there that are actually intelligent-themed (perhaps a philosophy/AI/psychology anime???), there are certainly a few that are themed intelligently.

The closest to what u are looking for is probably Junni Kokki and RahXephon.

p.s. LastEXILE wasn't that bad, I guess u hated it since the script doesn't innovate but to say that it sucks completely is a bit harsh.