Thread: Hataraki Man
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-09, 20:50   Link #227
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just another terrific episode thanks to our friends at Arienai!

Four years with Shinji, hm? I had a couple of relationships last longer than they should because we'd never confront whether to get married or not. I know they don't see each other all that much, but if it's lasted this long and isn't going forward, it's probably never going forward. At least they woke up in the same place at the beginning of this episode! Oh, and I didn't see Shinji at the wedding. Did I miss him or was he not in attendance?

I thought this shot of Hiro with the bouquet is priceless! Definitely one of my favorites so far.

Spoiler for size:

I also detected a hint of a smile near the beginning when she first heard that Yumi-chan was getting married. Looked like the biggest smile so far in the series.

I'm still not certain what the "moral" of this episode is. Should we admire Yumi for exploiting her feminity in the workplace, or admire Hiro for her unwillingness to conform to the sexist culture in which she works? Perhaps we should admire them both for their self-conscious decisions about how to cope, even though the choices they made are so different?

I really thought Yumi was going to marry the ballplayer.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-05-18 at 23:32. Reason: Added spoiler tags
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote