View Single Post
Old 2010-05-10, 12:59   Link #1688
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm basing it (not the specific count, but the fact it's going to be huge comparatively) on something you yourself used for logic:

And considering it's the final chapter, it wouldn't be unheard of for there to be a lot of bonus crap to fluff out pages that likely wouldn't make it into the eventual volume.
I don't think you're getting my point (and honestly I'm sick of repeating it because I -am- sounding really bitchy now): there is no source for the 80page/150page rumor. It's just a random comment. If it is something Gangan advertised on the cover, or said on their site, then sure, I can see where you're coming from. It is not, it's a totally random comment from a single anonymous 2ch post with nothing backing it up. Now that 107 is completely scanned (with all the "extra" pages too btw, including the FA Times page), there is nothing close to 80 pages. Therefore there is no reason at all to believe the rumor had any basis in fact at all.

FMA is an extremely popular manga, pretty much ALL extra features in Gangan every month gets scanned along with the chapter. Maybe you don't see them because you only read it on sites which only carry the translated chapters, but I always see all the extra stuff scanned: interviews, ads for the CDs, anime, DVDs, games, etc, and so on. They never amount to more than 2-3 pages, and this month is no different.

I'm sorry if I really sound like I'm ramming it down your throat, but I'm trying to clarify that there is NO basis in the rumor, and it's obvious we've been duped. Unless you want to believe that an anonymous 2ch post without any further details is more trustworthy than people who regularly buy the magazine monthly.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote