View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 02:25   Link #3131
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
The fact he's overlooking is that the first half of Flit's story was awful. It didn't improve until significantly later. I would personally say the last 3-4 episodes. It's not because fanboys refused to give it a shot because of the promo art. Age simply did not catch people's interest. Those of us who stuck with it are finding it very enjoyable, but we are not indicative of the Japanese audience which is what ratings are based on.

IMO the concept behind AGE is pretty cool, and I can see it working, but not within a 50 episode series. Had bandai devoted 25 episodes to each protagonist I think the series would have been a lot better because of more time to develop characters and what not.
The fact that your overlooking is that that's your opinion. Don't try to assert your opinion as fact to me and then expect me not to notice it when you put it at the very beginning of your post. As for the rest of what you say that's all well and good, but I don't think it should be downplayed what went on with that early picture leak and all the rumours and misconceptions that circulated the internet prior to the official unveiling of the project. The fact that the shows writer had to come out and say that the Gundam didn't talk and what the Age device was kind of shows how far out of control things had spun because of that leak.

As for the first arc, all I remember hearing people criticize the show on for the most part was it's art style and the Fardain arc in descending order of frequency. In fact all I heard complaint wise before the Fardain arc was just how "kiddie looking" the show was and how it meant that it wasn't Gundam and therefore the show sucked and only after Fardain did I actually see people start to criticize the show based on it's actual material, but that sort of died down just as quickly as the Fardain arc ended. As a result I'm ultimately still forced to come to the conclusion that the key reason for Gundam Age failing to capture and/or losing audience was the art style before any other factor
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote