Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 22:49   Link #1514
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's funny how you credit this to Kyoda, when in fact the types of changes we're seeing are 100% in Aikawa Shou's sweet spot as a writer, and he's the one major staff change between the two shows. I agree with you that this is taking a bold and admirable path in trying to be a sequel that's thoroughly different from its predecessor, but I don't think you're crediting the right man for being the agent of change.
I don't credit the actual execution of the changes to Kyoda, don't misunderstand, I credit the decision to go this way to him. Kyoda is the director and the main reason why the series even exists, so it is certainly his intention to go for something different, and hence he picked different writing staff for this purpose. If he wanted the same thing, he would probably have gone with Dai Sato again. I totally agree that the style of the story and the way things develop are 100% Aikawa's style. But that's the direction that Kyoda wanted for this series, so when comparing the two shows, it makes sense to look at it from the perspective of the person who is in charge of both series and made the major calls.

Edit: Speaking of Aikawa, I think it's going to be really interesting in the next month or so. From ep11 onwards, Aikawa is going to be writing every single episode through to ep16 at least. Almost all are solo scripts, with the exception of ep15 which is written by both him and Shinichi Inotsume.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote