Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-24, 11:58   Link #25891
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Everything I've read points in the opposite direction from this viewpoint. China has become progressively less and less supportive of the DPRK; they even voted in favor of expanded sanctions in the Security Council this week. China has its own reasons for wanting to maintain a "buffer" state in the peninsula, but their leadership knows as well as I do that encouraging the North Koreans' adventurism would endanger China as much as anyone.

The DPRK's missile technologies came from the Soviets, not China, and their further development involved states like Iran and Pakistan. If you want to become informed on these matters, I recommend this detailed, though lengthy, history of their program from the International Institute for Strategic Studies. As that article observes, exporting missile technologies has been one of the few means by which the DRPK earns foreign currencies:

Most of those countries were also the recipients of Soviet military assistance during the Cold War.
That is lengthy? I thought research journals are usually longer than that!

Thanks for the good read. Apparently it opened an eye to how the NK are able to drop missiles to hit the US in the next decade, but they would use it as a bargaining chip.

If armchair analysts were to be believed, South Korea probably has the necessary deep cover assets to provide information to US if needed, and to sabotage their missile systems if necessary. It is just that they don't have the army to hold the main assault force back should the Americans pull out their forces to defend their homeland - after all, it has been suspected that NK already penetrated South Korea with undercover commandos, and probably officials too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.