View Single Post
Old 2006-06-19, 02:46   Link #78
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Except the way I see it, I don't think Haruhi yet realizes what her dream is, I honestly think what she really wants is friends and that she's been shutting herself in all this time and isolating herself due to a character flaw. I think now where they are in episode 12 she realizes that she is not the great all-important perfect leader of the SOS-Brigade. If you want to think that Haruhi is going to remain a static character throughout the novels who is always self-centred always cruel, and always controlling fine, that's a possible ending, although a really depressing and sad one. I however, think Haruhi will eventually open up more and more as the novel progresses, the third party will continue to press her for a reaction and things will eventually come to a boiling point. What's key here, is what is Haruhi's real dream, is it what is presented on the surface (Finding aliens and stuff), or something that lies deep within her psyche, that she is only starting to become aware of as of episode 12's time period.

Oh and C.A I guess your right, we don't need balanced Tsundere as it will make the Dere moments less of an impact, although it would be highly illogical and surprising if as the series continues on here Dere side doesn't begin to surface more and more. Anyway I'm having a hard time seeing why people prefer Tsun Haruhi so much, I mean if you like the antics that go on as a result of it fine, they are pretty funny. I prefer Dere Haruhi however, the show really hits its stride whenever that side surfaces, it is then that we get the character development and plot advancement, I mean honestly, did episode 11 with Tsun Haruhi even really do much to advance the story at all, it was filler plain and simple, not bad filler, but filler nonetheless, not that episode 12 advanced the story much but at least we got some character development and Haruhi had a revalation about herself. Also I won't be horrified if the show gets higher ratings for Dere Haruhi as those episodes more often than not deserve it, maybe not 10's but higher ratings, too bad they all have high ratings though so it is impossible to find the stand out episodes within the series.