View Single Post
Old 2006-11-03, 21:01   Link #210
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
But for some people, it's Ryukishi's drawings that make Higurashi so moe~. It is blasphemy to hire genga artists to replace Ryu-chan's...UNIQUE drawings! wwwww
It's not that I don't like his drawings (like I said, Rika's "nipa~☆" can never be replicated by other artists), but you gotta admit, it's pretty much impossible for someone to be a scenario writer and a genga artist at the same time for a commercial game. It would take years to make, if he doesn't die of exhaustion somewhere in between first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post
I have a question. Do you mean by "doujin game" that someone else is making it or... what?
"Heisei ni Higurashi wa Naku" was supposed to be a doujin secondary creation based on the original game. Secondary creation means a doujin product (game, doujinshi, etc.) created based on an existing series (in this case, Higurashi, which is doujin itself).

It was meant to be a doujin novel copying the original Higurashi style (in terms of artstyle and presentation), with a brand new story taking place in present time featuring the decendents of the main characters from the original game.

Unfortunately, the project ran into a pile of controversy from the fans (mainly for the copying of the original game, and for "making a doujin novel of a doujin novel". All of this felt like they were hijacking a personal creation and adding their own ending to it), so after a storm of complaints and flames, it was shut down.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote