View Single Post
Old 2007-06-18, 02:35   Link #59
Nemesis2124

Y'know, re-watching this episode I'm beginning to doubt we've really seen the end of Mana and Koyori's place in the story. One wonders just what point they really had if their importance ends here. Obviously, they won't be serving any active purpose in the final stages, but something tells me their sentiments are going to serve as a pivot for their respective important people.

Now, hypothetically speaking, if Yorito and Aono ever "re-established" their lives in the town, is it possible everyone's lost memories would return? A moot point you might say, but something tells me the shows current depressing mood could be a phase of sorts that will come and go by the time we get to the ending.

For a while now there's been a specific theme building: The idea that it's important for people to let go of the past, and worry about what's right in front of them. For Aono, it's rather easy to see how this can play out. She can come to accept her loss, look foward, and embrace the fact that there's someone else she should be with. The same concept may end up applying to Yorito as well though. If he manages to survive, and a certain somebody does indeed kick the bucket, it's possible he'll be put in much the same situation. One where he needs to accept the past, and look forward as well (Yes OP, I'm looking at you).

And interestingly, what got me on this train of thought is Yorito's recurring line that's been repeated over and over throughout the show. "No two skies are ever the same," or something to that effect. In a way, it's like a metaphor for the concept of accepting the loss of your precious thing, and realizing there's other great things out there.

...Or something like that; as always, the trash receptacle is very nearby.