View Single Post
Old 2007-04-27, 03:16   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I tend to like amateur and stage-actor voices myself. These just didn't do it for me somehow, at least on one viewing. I somehow couldn't feel them as personalities. As accurate as their speech might have been, it felt artificial or intentional to me, rather than fresh. But I'm overjoyed to have a more positive view to try to assimilate myself to. I much prefer liking a show to finding fault with it.

It's kind of cool to find myself on the other side of an argument I sometimes have with others, since I find many top seiyuus too smooth, so smooth that the emotion is under too much control (this doesn't apply to Hirano Aya, who is somewhat out of control as Layla, or to Paku Romi, who is in the right kind of control as Nana).

To tell the truth, the crying was one thing I thought worked, at least a lot better than most anime crying does, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-27 at 03:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote