View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 01:55   Link #5881
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Sorry but unless you actually have something more substantial to back up your claims, I'm just going to go ahead and think it's fanwanking...
The basis is what the show tells us: That Kira would not share the technology.

Where is your basis for saying that Kira would share once it's peacetime?
Quote:
Because they didn't think any retaliation would happen. They did it completely without warning. Orb is not in the same situation. It wouldn't be able to repeat that action again, hence why EA didn't even try.
Uh, what? In both SEED and Destiny, the EA has launched at least 4 nuclear attacks. Clearly the EA is not worried about the consequence.
Quote:
In space? When?

When he decided to use Requiem and assumed he would be able to destroy ZAFT in one surprise shot?
The EA attacked after ZAFT used GENESIS for the first time, destroying a significant portion of the attacking fleet. Then ZAFT fired GENESIS a second time at the lunar base, and the EA attacked again.
Quote:
Erm..what? So it was worth invading Orb to prevent a resistance from forming if they invaded Orb? That doesn't make any sense...
That's what you said:
Quote:
They had to go on and take control to prevent Kusanagi returning and/or prevent a resistance from forming.
Quote:
Yes.

Like I said, it would be a consolation prize. If you don't understand what that means i suggest looking it up now before i go completely insane...
The point is, they still attacked.
Quote:
Revelant

Irrelevant.

I don't know how many times I'll have to say this..drop the Destroy argument. It has no relevance. The point at the very start has been about Orb's perception of the EA before the treaty.
I'll stop mentioning it when you acknowledge that the EA is willing and able to attack anybody that doesn't obey them.
Quote:
And no, the SEED invasion does not prove to Orb that they can't later deter EA nor does it prove to Orb that EA attacks just for being neutral.
It proves to Orb that being neutral doesn't prevent them from being a target.
Quote:
Episode 25
You're kidding me, right? That was ONE ship commanded by Athrun and they didn't have any order to attack Orb.
Quote:
They never once thought ZAFT would be fooled. It was a horrifically obvious lie that even they knew it would be. They very clearly did it to try and deter them.
Uh, if they didn't think they could fool ZAFT, they would've just officially claimed that Orb has given sanctuary to Djibril.

But they knew they couldn't stop ZAFT from attacking if they confirmed Djibril's presence in Orb, so they tried to lie.
Quote:
I talked to monster before that I didn't expect Orb to have enough power to close the gap against EA and that there were far more factors involved in deterrence than just that. I don't think Orb can stand up to EA with conventional warfare power either.
Then why is it so hard for you to accept that Orb would want to be in a more advantageous position rather than having to stand alone again?
Quote:
Indeed but if you pay attention in Episode 25, you'' recall a sceen between Athrun and his friends, how they were frustrated with Orb's obvious lie and how Athrun specifically shot down the idea of escalating things with Orb. If Orb were no problem then there'd be no issue with ZAFT declaring war on them for blatantly supporting the enemy.
Yes, Athrun, did that. If Yzak were in command, they would've called Orb out on their lie.
Quote:
But as it stands, for a supposedly powerless nation they were pretty damn brave to take a hardline stance against a skirmish between two superpowers that could both crush Orb if they really wanted to.
Correction: Uzumi was brave enough to do that. In case you have forgotten, Uzumi AND his supporters in the government are gone.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote