View Single Post
Old 2006-11-25, 13:01   Link #12
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Hello.

I live in Liverpool, UK. Don't come here. It is gay.

I want to visit Singapore. Who will let me sleep in their bed?
I live in Singapore. Don't come here. It is boring.

...but I'm not interested in visiting Liverpool (I do want to go to the UK though, some day).

OK, sorry for being evil.

May I ask, why on earth do you want to come to Singapore? I might be sounding self-deprecating here and I'll probably get hit on the head by some other Singaporeans here, but frankly speaking I think there isn't much to do here compared to other countries. It can't be helped that we are a very small country. Anyway, the thing is when you come here there are a lot of so-called attractions and features, but I personally find that a lot of them are so touristy that I just give up on recommending them. And I think a lot of people are turned off by the very plastic sort of face we show everyone. There have been more than enough comments that we are a 'sterilized' country... And it can't be helped that we also don't have much in terms of a rich/long history like the European countries. So nope, not much in the way of "wow" landmarks...

No matter what the Singapore Tourist Board says I still cannot stop thinking that Singapore is ultimately a place to work rather than... play. But anyway...

---
(I put in spoiler tags so that this doesn't look so much like some gigantic rambling monster post - which it really is.)
Spoiler for Want to come to Singapore?:

Personally, I have fantasies of going to...
North Canada
UK (I've been to London once, I'd like to go there again... But I *really* want to go around large chunks of the UK on train!)
Spain (Just out of curiosity, and to see its culture and artwork. I want to see what it was that inspires so many artists to make nice works there.)
Japan (Yeah yeah, but that's for another thread)
New Zealand (If there's some kind of Geography Tour thing that takes you around all the Sounds and various other amazing natural locations then I would love it!)

...And the Kingdom of Bhutan.

Spoiler for Why I want to go to Bhutan (More fantasies.):

...Ah, but whatever I say is just a bunch of fantasies, I don't even earn my own salary yet! I haven't even done my A-levels. Sheesh. There is very little chance I'll get to go *anywhere* as a tourist for the next few years... So I'll just hang around here and read the other fascinating things everyone else has to say about their countries.

Last edited by wao; 2006-11-25 at 13:15.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote