View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 19:23   Link #60
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wow a lot more going on this episode compared to last. We've got Grodek finally coming clean to Emily of all people as to why he stole the ship and so far it's kind of looking like he was justified. The Federation has come across as really corrupt and incompetent and like it's only looking out for it's own interests, much like the Federation of the U.C timeline. So corrupt is the Federation here yet again that it actually gives Grodek an out with the Federation officer that came to arrest him. Clearly Grodek's methods are the lesser of evils and the greater chance for survival....so far at least. He's also convinced that he has a winning strategy to defeat the UE in one fell swoop, but odds are that doesn't work out. Still he's doing a better job than I think Fonroid would have done so far given his attitude and I think if Fonroid had been in charge everybody would have probably been dead by now.

Emily again is finding herself further and further alienated from people and I can understand where she's coming from a bit with trying to get Flit out of piloting the Gundam, but I think she just needs to have a heart to heart with him instead of trying to beat around the bush by talking to everyone else. Woolf continues to be great in his budding bromance with Flit and kind of goaded him into committing a little more to piloting the Gundam. I think Woolf is officially sempai at this point which unfortunately qualifies him for not making it through this show, but we'll see how that goes.

The other big event this episode was obviously the arrival at Fardain and introduction of Desiel, who I can see being the focal point for resurgent bitching about the show being kiddy (in other words I predict people HATE this character), however I find the kid just plain creepy and not very human more than anything. He seems to be related somehow to Yurin (similar name, similar powers, both appearing in the opening around the same time), only much more vaguely evil and dangerous. With all of this talk by the mysterious masked man at the end of the episode about an Eden project of some kind and his apparent giftedness at piloting mobile suits I can't help but wonder if he and Yurin haven't been bread for some kind of shady extended human project. Does Eden relate to anything that the UE are doing? Does the masked man have anything to do with the UE or are they opposed to them in some way? The plot really thickens with the introduction of this mysterious faction.

In any case next time it looks like they're going to the ghetto's of Fardain where thing will probably get a little more layered in this arc. Pretty interesting start to the arc though if you aren't immediately bothered by the new cast introductions.
Everything Kaioshin Sama just said...

I can't really explain it but I'm liking this series especially this conspiracy with the Federation. Government corruption stories are always fun to watch.