View Single Post
Old 2008-07-28, 08:55   Link #3068
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, after doing a bit more research, it seems that the core of the problem is not so much the amnesia itself for the purpose of leveling up Keroko (as I initially claimed), but rather that without the amnesia, Keroko doesn't really have a reason to form a paction with Negi. She is perfectly capable of fighting herself, and is a powerfull mage in her own right, what situation would be sufficient for her to form a pactio? The amnesia was my former excuse, as Keroko did not have acess to her Device and powers. However, I think its safe to say that the amnesia introduces way too many plotholes to fill up without raising eyebrows.

I have one possible reason, she forms a pactio with Negi during an attack for research. While she is perfectly capable of handling herself, the situation is perfect to get a pactio, which is a rare and unique method of magic. Negi-tachi co of course don't know of this untill Keroko decides to explain herself, which can now be shifted to somewhere before Chao's attack (as a nice tie-in when Haruna goes "Ah, where is the time police?" Keroko goes "Technically, that would be me.").

It would make a lot more sense that way, Keroko will keep in regular contact with the TSAB, and she has a reason for forming a pactio. I can keep her out of most of the major combat scenarios before the Negi-tachi (or rather those members that aren't there) reach her level.
I already find that FAR more feasable than rolling the dice and laying out a hundred contrivances to make it work.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote