View Single Post
Old 2011-10-16, 02:05   Link #59
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
At the end of Shana II we had some anime original ending where the cast fought Ball Masque among other things, and then at the beginning of Shana III we are told Yuiji disappeared on that very day of Christmas Eve.

Basically there was no time between the events of S2 and S3, but in S3 we're suddenly thrown into a situation of confusion and chaos.
Sorry, I could not understand why you felt the transition between S2 and S3 is not up to expectation. Yes, it may not be perfect, but it is adequate enough.

At 23m 42s of Episode 24 of Anime Season 2, you can see Yuji's disappearing footsteps. At the same time, Yuji said:"This night when we saved the city, I changed my world a lot, believing in what lies ahead."

The Christmas Eve event, as shown in Episode 1 of S3, happened immediately after the end of S2. As we have seen Yuji's disappearing footsteps, it should not be that surpising that Yuji disappeared that night. Changes he mentioned before indicates the change in his appearance and voice. The reasons behind the transformation is currently unknown for anime viewers, but they should not find it that surpising.

Reckoner, I am not sure of your opinion. Perhaps, you can suggest some ways to make the transition smoother.