View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 19:18   Link #263
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I want to see Okada's original script for True Tears animated.
To be fair, it doesn't necessarily mean that the original script didn't end the same way the current one does, but it means that during the scriptwriting/revising process they experimented with different possible endings. For all we know they may have changed it multiple times in various drafts (and adjusted the rest of the script accordingly).

Actually, I think the story does make sense in light of the other quote that Archon_Wing highlighted:

"I consider my nature is a supporting cast, I often cast myself as a supporting cast in what I wrote as a kid. Because of that, I'm attracted to supporting casts or "those who are not chosen". [...] Typically in anime and what not, a protagonist is chosen by something and starts journey, but what about those who were not chosen? Is the place which the protagonist left unattractive?"

I think this is actually a very key revelation in light of that show. The place where the person who was not chosen was left was not at all unattractive, and that was a key point of the narrative. If you see the whole story in that light, it makes a lot of sense, and now we see why the author wanted to write about that.