Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 15:49   Link #25799
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Chris Christie is immensely popular and is a huge favorite for reelection in New Jersey this year, with voters from across the political spectrum giving him the thumbs up.
When it comes to the national conservative base, though, the governor is at risk of earning a different one-finger salute.
Christie is already on probation with some conservatives for his praise of President Obama’s work on Hurricane Sandy in the closing days of the 2012 election — something a few critics have even suggested put the president over the top.
Now the potential 2016 presidential contender has lashed out at the National Rifle Association, calling a new ad from the group “reprehensible” for using Obama’s daughters to make a political point.
“To talk about the president’s children or any public officer’s children who have — not by their own choice, but by requirement — to have protection and to use that somehow to try to make a political point, I think, is reprehensible,” Christie said. He added: “I think it’s awful to bring public figures’ children into the political debate. They don’t deserve to be there. And for any of us who are public figures, you see that ad and you cringe. You cringe because it’s just not appropriate to do that, in my opinion.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ing-with-fire/

Is Christie running for the Republican or Democrat Presidential Nomination?