View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 13:27   Link #164
Nemuru

I read this series on a whim at one stage but now it occupies a huge priority on my 'to read list'.

my thoughts:

The starting premise of this series is what got me to attempt reading it. It is one of the few romance series I've read that is both daring and interesting, where the heroine wishes for death to gain salvation, hence my strong attachment to this series.

It would be interesting whether the author (mangaka) would explore the consequence and action taken by each characters since I've felt Rea never understood what it would be to live a different life which isn't human something like homunculus in full metal alchemist. Since Rea doesn't feed on human flesh ( ) the mood is lighter. As the series progresses something akin to Shiki would be interesting to write about.

Rea's character development to me is the charm the series has instill. while the gag has lighten the mood although as the series progress it is likely to foreshadow a more serious tension. The gag and serious tone of the series are well blended to create a lighter feel to the series however I believe Sankarea's strong point is its interesting premise.

This is probably one of the few manga that I believed should be on a weekly release and also I'm rather impress with Hattori Mitsuru work in this series. Sadly his other work hasn't gotten me this interested and of course a different design to his Umisho (Amuro) and otogi no machi (Rena) design is a fresh change.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2010-12-25 at 13:42.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote