View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 11:16   Link #939
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Now lets look at the class seats:
Nice. Now we have a convenient way of keeping track of the dead. (If this becomes even more like Final Destination, the seating arrangement may turn out significant...) And, boy, it must suck to be the boy and girl sitting right next to that one desk in the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I think the elevator idea would have been nice, if they did it diffently. The problem with the falling elevator is, that there are safety breaks, that work flawlesly and need no maintainance as somebody here in the forum suggested.
Let's put it this way: I didn't know about such "safety brakes" until people here started talking about them. It's a common fear, an urban myth... and it shows that the author doesn't have a background in lift engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Also, when Kouichi stood next to the Misaki doll.... I was thinking that if I were him, I would look at the dolls eye, that is covered by her hair. This could be interesting..... but the real Misaki interrupted Kouichi before anything could happen.
To be sure, I loved the way those scenes were framed and filmed. It's never entirely clear, because of the choice of camera angles, where Misaki was in relation to the doll. The first time Sakakibara found the doll, the camera was focused on it when Misaki suddenly started talking. From the audience's point of view, it was as though the doll was talking. In the second instance, we're again taken by uneasy surprise, as Misaki stepped out from behind the coffin. We can't actually see where she was hiding, though, and given the angle, it almost seemed as though she walked out from the coffin.

The intention is clear: We are meant to feel as though Misaki is the living incarnation of the doll, and that Sakakibara is seeing an illusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Unless people in this show have ESP or can blow REALLY hard, there are no other explanations.
My sixth sense is telling me that a new sub-forum will soon appear...

As for Misaki's choice of swimwear, to be honest, I find her more moe in the screencap that Lost My Music is using as a signature.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote