Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 04:55   Link #372
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
not sure if repost but I found a pretty intersting article here, it's about Microsoft being the sole distributor of applications that use the new Windows 8 interface features.

http://mollyrocket.com/casey/stream_0004.html
They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. If all the production oriented/multitaskers and gamers jump ship, they'd be left with... an Apple crowd... Hmm, not sure MS doesn't want that, true. But if they do that, they're actually opening the door to Apple. If everything is perceived more or less the same, users could easily go from one company to the other. While that's good for competition, I'm not sure MS wants to be on the losing side, when they're basically a home PC monopoly.

As for me, if they force the Store, the whole Store and nothing but the Store so help us, God, like Apple, I'm switching to some friendly Linux distro like Ubuntu and getting myself a console. If I wanted a Mac, I'd have bought a Mac. Thing is I don't WANT a Mac. If I can't play my old and current games on Windows because MS only wants me to buy from the store, if I can't have my applications open the way I want to and not in a 2/3-1/3 way with no application actually WORKING in the background, I have no reason to keep Windows.

The only thing the Metro Screen is good for right now is an application launcher. I'm pretty sure they won't be changing that. Hopefully their glorified metrics will tell them just how many people use those crappy Metro apps.