View Single Post
Old 2003-11-19, 16:50   Link #7
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
O yeah i dont understand why there was that Otohime person who had those weird markings...she showed up about 2 times i think and one of those times was as a dolphin...but what was the purpose for her being it...someone plz explain ^__^.
Oh yeah forgot about this, I think in episode 9 (?) Volume 5 of the manga the whole Otohime thing is explained a bit. Basically when a person who is linked to a dragonchild/dragonet reaches a very high level of "linked ability" they begin to understand how their dragonet can become a "full or adult dragon". I'm not too sure on the specifics of this (as my translating skills suck) but basically dragonets desire "spirit" or "souls" and if they absorb the body and conciousness of the person they are linked to they become "memories of the world" that is full dragons, the person (or living creature) they were linked to then becomes an "Otohime".
One thing that is not explained so well in the Anime series, is that Otohimes and Dragons usually never interfere in the world of humans and Shiina for some reason is special as she is saved on a couple of occasions by the Girl Otohime that you see in EP1 of Anime and also acknowledged by the Dolphin Otohime in ep 9.
To understand this better I would seriously suggest you read the first volume of the manga which has an excellent 2nd chapter not covered in the anime series .