Thread: Headphones..
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 07:12   Link #10
Lenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Yeah, I do. The Marshall MA100 can connect with my Mustang as a combo, and you should hear how nicely it can play music.

I just received my K701s yesterday; I estimate it'll take about 250-300 hours to break in a set of cans like these. The tone isn't too harsh right now at the moment, but once they're broken in they'll be even better. I listen to a TON of jazz and rock as well; I know my way around an equalizer and mixing board so I work around the K701's blind spot for rock music. I don't like to play around with FLAC/ALAC files as I often use iTunes and it can be picky, but mp3 files sound pretty decent as well.

I'm just waiting for them to break in and kick off~
ok so your going with a pre amp to amp setup..

The headphones are very picky.. and even with equalizers you won't get rock to sound as great as the classical will sound.. lol another reason I ended up with so many pairs.. but originally I started with just the K701.. Rock isn't that bad but depends on what the amp can dish out and all you really need is to turn up the bass part of the equalizer.. I prefer to listen to all my headphones with the equalizer flat... hope your burn in goes well! BTW Burning them in on an amp helps a great deal!
Headphones: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm), Audio Technica ATH-M-50, Shure SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, Sennheiser HD 598, Ultrasone PRO900, Beats Studio (purple) Audio Technica ONTO (pink)
Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote