View Single Post
Old 2013-06-27, 00:59   Link #107
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Presumably the same way she doesn't bring chunks of the ground with her whenever she teleports: precise calculations. The whole thing apparently requires her to do ludicrously impossible 11th-dimensional mathematics in her head between the moment she decides she needs to teleport and the moment she actually teleports, all of which determines where she's going, how she'll arrive, what she'll take with her, etc. So she didn't bring whathisname with her when she teleported because she got the math precise enough to not include him when she jumped.
The undergrad aspiring mathematician sizing this statement up... Considering they teach quantum mechanics and that Kuroko is level 4, She must be smart. 11th dimensional topology is deeply correlated with string theory/quantum physics 11 dimensions. I don't see why it's ludicrously impossible. If you practice enough, your brain subconsciously would do it on autopilot. Your frontal consciousness would not be able to do it, but assuming personal reality works in tandem with the subconscious which can process incredibly difficult questions immediately in an incredible manner, this doesn't seem unreasonable. Our subconscious does a lot of things that are ridiculous. This doesn't seem out of the bounds of things that are possible. She doesn't even have to know the general formulas or physics, the subconscious (mentally calculates everything) and your regular conscious converts that into intuition and you "just do it" and she is able to teleport. It's obviously difficult... but after all of the training AC does to its students, at least some of them have to end up being smart. We know from season 1 that she was always exceptionally bright and eager and hardworking... now's she's a pervert *sigh*.

Assuming personal reality does most of the work for you and making these split second decisions becomes natural and is just dependent on theories you have already internalized, doing things like teleportation wouldn't be too hard to figure out. It would be something a non-genius could do, but the way people are raised in AC, I'm sure their IQ's when they're level 4/5 are near genius status at least. Though you don't have to be a genius to learn and just use the formula that's given to you... you need lots of practice...

And I thought episode 4/5 season 1 of Railgun actually completely explained the second part of what you said. You should re-watch it (the part about Touma)...

^^^^^^^ posts above should employ spoiler tags. They don't spoil stuff but are outside of the scope of the episode. (the Accel flashback isn't any grounds to not use spoilers either...)

Anyway, on this topic: Sacket is somewhat right here or at least IMO he is somewhat right:

Spoiler for only revealed in light novels (the actual details of the "happy" curriculum that espers go through):

Granted the anime universe is very changed and different from the original universe... so I'm not sure if your point is even relevant. Since it isn't mentioned, I'm not sure it exists... in the anime universe of railgun/raildex...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-27 at 14:08.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote