View Single Post
Old 2009-05-04, 19:29   Link #49
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
You're missing my point. Microsoft needs to respect people's systemwide settings when they pick settings to suggest for users.

Yes, I agree that people should pay attention and make choices accordingly (like I did with my VM which I have since reverted to pre-IE8 install). Allowing people the chance to make the choice is good, make no mistake. However, Microsoft really needs to respect how people wish to operate their computers a little more, especially given what was mentioned about their case in Europe where they're essentially getting garroted instead of slapped on the wrist as they are here in the States. Some people really are going to actually treat the software the same way as I regard it, little more than yet another in a VERY long string of security fixes.

--Ian.
It's seems that people really do need to pay attention when setting any kind of software up.

Well, I have installed IE8 on the system, but I always do a custom setting... If the default browser change, just change it back... it's not really that hard to do... but it's clearly said in Express that it would change it. It's pretty much FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. if nobody seen that term before) like mentioned earlier.

Not only IE does it, but other windows software does it too and you won't realize something else is installed... At least this stuff doesn't happen on Mac OS X and Linux.