View Single Post
Old 2007-05-22, 16:19   Link #139
kagetsu
3D Animator
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast View Post
hay guys! =)

I'm fairly new to fansubbing and intend to participate in a new fansub project. So here a couple of questions:

1. Which timing/subtitling programs do most fansub groups nowadays use?
2. And which is the easiest one to use if we want to go for a minimalistic approach, i.e. no fancy karaoke or font effects?
Back when I use to subtitle I used Subtitle Workshop. Simple controls and easy layout. Don't be afraid either of tweaking with the 1000's of a second as thats where most of tweaking was done to really hit the sweet spot. Once you get your routine down it'll become easier and faster. No sound wave visualization but I never liked that anyways really with some other programs, I just needed to see the video. Average time would vary on amount of lines given to me which ranged anywhere from like 240-800 for each episode. 800's were rare though and happened mostly in Godannar because that annoying main character talked at 100 mph. Wish I still had the .srt's of all the old shit I did, but it was growing to large and taking up dust so they were deleted. Haven't fansubbed in like 4 years so I dunno whats out nowadays but this program is just fine.
kagetsu is offline   Reply With Quote