View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 16:26   Link #4746
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw_kimmy View Post
ANYWAYS, carry on. I'll be lurking for new stuff with a mixed sense of glee and trepidation @_@
Aw, lurkers are no fun. Say, what do you think of Glory of Losers? The general consensus is that it's pretty dang good, especially compared to FT. What do you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkam View Post
Well, seeing as I was bored and it's good practice... link As usual, names are up for debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Hope I find a solution for the rest of GW manga too!!!
I'm not sure what you mean by that...? Does the "rest of the GW manga" refer to just the main series'... uh, what's the word... manga form? Or do you mean all the mangas, like Blind Target and Ground Zero and stuff?
In any case, as far as I know, only Episode Zero has not been uploaded in its entirety. All the other manga should be complete when you look them up on sites like mangafox or animea.net.

Haha, back in the day some silly people went as far as to censor Relena out of pics and mangas, claimed that BoP, BT and GZ were all doujin translated to English only because they weren't yaoi doujin and that in truth the yaoi material far outweighed the het stuff and the US was just a bunch of narrow-minded homophobes who didn't want to admit that GW was the yaoi fest the fanfics made it out to be. Well, true, there were entire shelves dedicated to GW yaoi fiction. But none of that was written or drawn by the writers of the series.
I don't think the world has ever seen such (unfounded) irate hate for a fictional character like it had been the case with Relena. Which was the main reason it initially was so hard to find a manga scanlation in its entirety, since most of them have obvious 1xR undertones and everything that could even suggest Heero and Duo don't end up together (which would be the entire series, if one had only seen it) must be burrrrrned. Ahem. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
But now that you mention it, yes, I can totally see this as buying time... Or trying to establish something important between Relena and Heero (but I can't think of anything too important).
Perhaps them being cousins? I'm still waiting for that one, you know.
As for Sumizawa buying time with Preventer 5, I don't think that's true. FT's Preventer 5 is actually relevant to the MC era, as it explains how things came to be, unlike Treize's past that still needs clarification as to why it was so important and not just recycling a scrapped novel idea. Now that was filler alright. And if we narrow the scope to relevant things being only the happenings in the MC era then three quarters of the novel were just for "buying time."
And for what purpose? Usually when people draw out stuff it's because they want money. Just look at Naruto or Bleach or One Piece. There's absolutely no need for any series to last over a decade. >_>
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote