View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 09:51   Link #7
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Most of the first part of S2 was boring as heck (except for the Tree Diagram arc). It really kicked in at Episode 17, and even then there was this rushed feeling to it, like most of the season. The staff on S2 was far less competent that the ones from S1. S1, even if it doesn't look like it, had TONS of stuff cut from it, yet it feel non-rushed and rather natural most of the time.

Another thing about S2 is that it takes the viewer as some TAMNI whiz-kid because they DON'T EXPLAIN STUFF PROPERLY. S1 did it rather well for the most part, but for S2 I had to look up stuff on the wiki or read excerpts from the LN to understand stuff. This is one of the major flaws of S2: it takes it's audience for granted, and that they read the LN.

The soundtrack for Index2 was good. Some tracks were 'meh' while others were 'YEAHH THAT'S AWESOME!'.

Accelerator's and Kihara's seiyuus deserve a big frocking award for their performance (I know Accel's gotten awards, but not sure about Kihara's).

I have high hopes for Index3 as that's when the really good stuff happens. I hope the fan backlash gets them to rearrange their staffs/directors/whatever back to S1 level at the very least. If we get Railgun2, I hope to god they don't force in moe-moe-kyun in. If anything, Railgun2 should be dark and somewhat of a prelude for what is to come. It's about Misaka delving into AC's dark side to save her Sisters, the introduction of ITEM (before S3 aka Vol.15) and seeing pre-braindamage Accel in contrast to the 'reformed' one, plus seeing from Accel's POV his fight with TouMAN.

I don't believe in numerical ratings, but I say that S2 was above average~ish.

Also, KIIIIIHAAAAARAAAAA-KUUUUNNNNN! <-----Best part of the season right there.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote