View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 14:48   Link #388
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Many female characters in Gundam are worthy of admiration, but Dianna is on the very top of that list. Especially when grace is becoming a rare quality amongst leadership characters.

I have to agree to an extent, there are certain levels of ruggedness and grit to 08th not available on other series.

- Tak
It's also due to the fact that, unlike a majority of Gundam series (UC or AU), it's all from the view of regular (Federation) soldiers (even the right ages too; in their 20s or older) and not "special" teens/Newtypes, teens who happen upon the Gundam somehow, hijack a Gundam, or whatever. Just regular soldiers in war, and in only semi-unique MS actually made for them (as there are approximately 20 RX-79G Ground Combat Gundams made from the leftover RX-78-2 parts, and each team only has 3-4 and a Hover Truck).

And unlike the likes of SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, AGE, and such (where things just manage to "turn out alright" in the very end), while Shiro and Aina did have ideals about both sides understanding eachother and trying to bring about peace without (much) bloodshed, there are actually bad consequences for their impulsive actions since, of course, A LOT more people don't believe in such a thing (or at least see it as foolish, not the place for it, etc) and, in the end, they never do achieve those ideals and both of them are stuck hiding away with eachother for god-knows-how-long after (as Shiro's actions could still be seen as treasonous by deserting in the face of the enemy, and Aina would most likely be seen by the Federation as a part to Ghinias' actions with her piloting the Apsalus units).

So it comes off as more realistic in most ways than your normal Gundam series.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote