View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 02:36   Link #7676
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Anyway, to clarify, what Aki (he says) actually meant is that he believes that the AEC is not the only legitimate way in which Signum and the rest of the cast can defeat the Eclipse infectees.
I'm thankfull for the support but i almost dried out most of my ideas already. Still, the own manga has stablished some options worthy of consideration. EC power can dispell magic but can't dispell collateral effects or damage (at least that's what was implied when Hayate was about to launch the Heimdall) ...and it's the main reason behind the effectiveness of Isis's attacks ...sure, they're made of chemicals but the pretty flying birds are held togheter trough magic ...ordinary, conventional magic to boot but it works because explosions are just that.

Then there's Bardiche which is the living proof old devices can be optimized to fight the Eclipse and so far the 5th Gen upgrade has proven to be far more effective than most AEC-units present on the battlefield (with Fate being the most successful in fighting the Huckebein so far). It was also explicity mentioned said upgrade was more optimal to mages who posses a "Mana Conversion Affinity (MCA)" ...so it escapes from my limited comprehension why Signum got the Gladiator instead of an upgraded Laevatein.

Being so relaint on an AEC-unit means she acknowledges Cypha is too much for her to handle so she uses the Gladiator to compensate for her flaws as a fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
And lol, "fair" in the Middle Ages was the process of negotiating rather basic rules of engagement such as what weapons to use and the conditions of victory. There were still loads of loopholes you could exploit. Same then, same today, same in everyone's favorite Nanohaverse.

Yup, basically this Eclipse VS. Section Six looks more and more like a confrontation between two corrupt forces. No surprise both sides tend to play dirty that much.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote