View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 23:20   Link #98
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Well I've finally watched the OVA and I see a ton of anime/otaku references as usual... the are some really difficult cultural references but I did spot them (they did it on purpose I'm sure)... these guys really like cheezy tarentos and manzai comedians. I can recongize neta from at least 3 different comedians.... I especially enjoy the one Shiraishi sneaked in there at the end of Lucky Channel... when he screamed "Sutaffuu!" he was doing a parody of the currently infamous comedian "Kimoi Ikemen" Kano Eikou. Boy that dude was hilariously disgusting. I have to really dig where that Konata parody "Heaven has forsaken me!" line came from.. turn out to be an obscure movie called "Hakkoda san" or Mount Hakkoda , which depicted a true story of a group of Japanese soldiers training for WWII who got lost and freeze to death on Mount Hakkoda in Aimori Prefecture. Supposedly that was the famous line from the movie, and aptly appropriate for the scene. I think there's enough neta for a good post but I really have to do a lot of research... especially about some really dumb 笑い芸人 who could get famous in Japan for doing one dumb neta over and over again.