View Single Post
Old 2007-08-09, 00:23   Link #47
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKE7 View Post
Honestly, some of y'all need to stop whining about what Blizzard is doing with their own game. Its their game and their lore and they can do whatever they want with the storyline. And I personally think a world where the so-called all powerful beings were never touched and all you got to kill were minor bosses and minions would suck.(Everyone's probably going to hate me for this.)

More on topic with the expansion though. I'm personally most looking forward to DKs. So far they sound like they're going to be a lot of fun. That, and the new 1-58 content that blizzard said they were working on both have me really exited.
It is, and it isn't. When you're making something for yourself, who's anyone else to tell you what to do and what not to? However, when you're trying to please an audience, it's as much the audience's world as it is your own. Yes, when you try to please fans too much, you may end up alienating a good bit of them Fukuda style in GSD (though I still loved it due to Lacus fanboyism). However, even more dastardly is to simply blow off the fans.

Also, I WOULD be fine with killing simple "grunts" or "nameless bosses" in WoW. It's a moot point for me personally since I don't pay $15 per month, but from a storyline perspective, a hero isn't so heroic anymore when you can throw enough grunts at the problem and it'll go away. (At the very least, there'll be fewer grunts).

Remember, these are heroes that we PERSONALLY PLAYED THROUGH THEIR RISE TO THEIR CURRENT STATUS, so it should only be fair that we play AS A RIVAL HERO TO SEE THROUGH THEIR ULTIMATE VICTORY, OR ULTIMATE DEMISE.

These were heroes that started from practically nothing, and became champions that slew multiple such rival heroes on their way to where they are now. Arthas killed Mal'Ganis, several paladins (including Uther...how ironic), Sylvanas, and Antonidas (among other "grunt" archmages). Illidan right out of the gate took down Magtheridon, vanquished multiple dreadlords in saving Tyrande, and cut a swathe to his position in the black temple. Even Sylvanas Windrunner recruited a dreadlord, killed two others, and slaughtered Garithos.

We PLAYED these heroes in their rise to power. Why should we now be CAST OUT of our favorite characters and destroy them with some stupid outside weakling force?

In fact, we weren't just PLAYING as Arthas, Thrall, and Illidan...

We WERE Arthas, Thrall, and Illidan. There was no nameless magistrate, cerebrate, or executor that we were playing as in warcraft 3. Our control of the units and hero was simply a concept we had to suspend our disbelief for in order to actually play through the storyline, rather than watch it.

So as a fan, I feel like I've been kicked out of a sort of "home" of mine when the very characters I WAS through the storyline are killed by some stupid nameless adventurer. Instead of BEING Sylvanas and killing Arthas with my own arrow, I am now some silly adventurer WATCHING her do it.

And for some reason, despite being faced down by multiple heroes and an army, the enemy character is just there all alone, despite that Illidan could have gathered all of the bosses out of the Coilfang Reservoir and the Crimson Sigil all around him and then it would have been absolutely GG to everybody that ever tried to kill him.

Frankly, I can't bear the fact that the characters I WAS--the very characters I WAS, not just played as but LIVED THROUGH THE STORY AS, are now killed by stupid random adventurers.

WoW=blizzard SELLING OUT.

I am still praying for a complete retcon of this travesty.