View Single Post
Old 2004-07-06, 18:03   Link #2

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remian
Yo, i just wanted to start this....umm...post your thoughts
Hmm. Not very interested are you? Anyways, game wise Duel Masters has my vote. I've played for a couple months and it's fun. Yu-Gi-Oh never caught my interest 'cuz it's complicated and there are WAY too many game mechanics. Duel Masters also reminded me of Magic the Gathering a lot, which is something I've played since I was 6 or 7. So Duel Masters wins there.
Anime wise, Yu-Gi-Oh has 1). Better animation, not always a good point, but it's certainly nice, 2). Better characters, given that they're all the stereotypes of anime characters, 3). Better plot and chacter develoment, and 4). It's a lot 'deeper' than Duel Masters is. Plainly put, there's a lot more meaning in Yu-Gi-Oh than Duel Masters.
Also, another thing I don't care about, is the 'fact' that Duel Masters is a rip off of Yu-Gi-Oh.....it probably is, but who cares, everything new is based on something popular. Check out the Duel Masters game though, for like 10$ you can get a starter deck and 3$ for a booster pack of like 11 cards.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote