View Single Post
Old 2010-08-20, 10:08   Link #299
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Maybe he can't? Here's a theory, Minato sealed away Madara's ability to use the Kyuubi (or something to that effect), and we all know that the secret purpose of the MS is to control the Kyuubi, so could Minato have sealed away Madara's MS powers? The only partial evidence I can think of to support this theory (besides the fact that Madara claims to be "incomplete" and "weaker", both possible indicators to a lack of control over the MS) is the fact that there are seals that can be used to control bloodlines - specifically, the Hyuuga's famous curse seal prevents their bloodline from being taken from the bodies of those who bear the seal, and sicne Minato is clearly a fuinjutsu master, I wouldn't put it past him to be able to use a curse seal on Madara.
interesting thought, but while minato did seal away tobi/madara kyuubi control with the contract seal, im not so sure he sealed away the MS powers. Why? Tobi/Madara as of the fight with shodaime, doesnt have MS powers. His body was to wounded and the body he is using now whether a zetsu clone or a grandchild of some sort (hehehe), doesnt confer him the ability to use his original powers. How was he able to control the kyuubi then? As witness by Sasuke's mind rape of Naruto, the 3 tomoe sharingan seems to be enough to garner a conversation with the kyuubi (im assuming chakra has something to do with it as well). Tobi/madara was at one point able to enter a contract (perhaps genjustu induced) with the kyuubi that Minato was able to negate (the hokages probably had this seal on hand in case a sharingan user ever rose to take up madaras mantle...by the way, can ANY contract be negated with a seal??) at the very least, it makes sense why madara didnt try to snatch the kyuubi away from naruto for 16 yrs...

anyways, this is my take on why tobi doesnt use MS powers