View Single Post
Old 2011-11-14, 06:21   Link #7669
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@Eratas: I just don't want to portray Rong as extremely mentally broken. Especially since he's the only OC I've written so far who's actively trying to pick up the pieces and not being forced into it by a plucky sidekick or some deus ex machina. As for hitting dead corpses, I'll just say he learned his lesson when he saw some other kids do the same and died for it on their first mission. "The dead don't shoot you, the living do."

Also let me reiterate. Rong was saved. What he is saved from is not limited to external factors.
It's your choice, I'm not gonna tell you how to write your fic. People might find it odd that he's so stable, but they won't really question it. You have to be careful if you make any of the harem fall for him though, if you don't do it with proper development, people will call bull on it. The IS fandom really doesn't like OC fics, it's a challenge for us to keep them moderately relatable in order for them to appeal to the readers and not make them appear as unlikeable.

Good luck on your fic.