Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 03:41   Link #2406
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Um, I'll interrupt this Toki vs Kasumi battle but here's the Biyori chapter I was talking about:

Spoiler for Biyori:

Also, here's a great image BD/DVD comparison. Remember at the end of Saki where they changed Saki's opponent to Jindai + 2 random girls to Kasumi + Toyone + Kyouko? Well, in Achiga they changed some minor but great details. I think you guys know the image on how they changed Hatsumi's clothes from modest to almost falling off from TV to BD/DVD and Kasumi's breast size... here,

Spoiler:

The one major question I had is that how are they going to adapt the remaining matches in just 3 episodes? I think the Sergeant Match is at 1.5 eps and most and so is the Lieutenant's match. The Vice-Captain match is 2+ episodes and God knows how long is the Captain's match going to be. I find it pretty impossible for them to adapt it. Unless they rush again. D:

Also, we're nearing the end of December. Achiga ep 13 is in one month's time! Rumours had it that they'll be shown in December 16? I'm not too sure though. Biggest problem is that who's going to sub it. Crunchyroll subbed it when Achiga was airing but is Crunchyroll licensed to sub the remaining episodes? I doubt that other fansub groups have Achiga as a priority....

EDIT: Oh, while I'm here, can I ask on your opinion about these three players: Sumire, Kirame and Mairu. I think asked you guys on your opinion about Mairu being a normal player but if you think about it, Kirame also has an ability but she's considered a normal player. Sumire, I think is also a normal player since her 'Piercing Arrow' style is a play style and not an ability. Sumire purposely adjust her hand by reading her opponent's discard to target the player. Compared to Takami and Seiko, where the tiles would go and be attracted to them. (Takami's is obvious, but Seiko's hand is that if she called thrice, her winning tile will be 'caught' on her hook definitely.) I consider them normal players with gimmick. Like with Nodoka. Nodoka has a Nodocchi mode but that doesn't mean she gains an ability when she becomes Nodocchi.
Kirame had been shown that she is the weakest player out of shindouji. so she is definitely the weakest. Mairu is the ace of Shindouji but it has been stated that she cannot compete with other school's ace. it will be interesting to see Sumire going against Mairu but I think Mairu will win, but not by alot.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote