View Single Post
Old 2007-02-24, 02:56   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I doubt Tick! Tack! or Really? Really! adaptations were ever in the works. They're interesting sidestory games, but I don't know if they're really good anime material. That's just an opinion, though, of course. And I don't know... I think the "hype" around "Director's Cut" was mostly speculation among English fans, wasn't it?

Also keep in mind that the anime for Soul Link and Shuffle aren't related at all, even though they're both based on material from Navel. Completely different production teams, publishers, financiers, etc. Both Shuffle and Soul Link were part of a larger marketing push for the PS2 games by Kadokawa and Interchannel respectively. So, Soul Link didn't fail; think of it as a $1.5 mil advertising campaign. Between the DVDs, CDs, Game, and other merchandise, I'm sure Interchannel's doing just fine.
oi.... I thought it was the same animation production team but I'm too apathetic to go look so I'll accept the input unfiltered. The "director's cut" nonsense came from an interview with him I read but I don't have the cite link so I'll just have to tag it as apocryphal.

I'll agree TT and RR would have to have a lot of hammering to work as an anime -- and therefore very unlikely to be adapted.

I just find the whole situation kind of sad because I rather liked the characters and the premise of Shuffle! and remain disappointed with the execution of the anime. Fortunately, there are enough "wins" in the genre that I don't spend more than a couple of minutes thinking about it anymore