View Single Post
Old 2009-01-03, 01:42   Link #288
MTen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
That what i was saying about his last name. For the reiatsu, he could have been a captain before their was a Gotei 13 since the Gotei 13 (estimating and guessing) is about 200 or 300 yrs old. The original members are Shinsui, Ukitake, Unohana, and Yama-jii. That's why "I am guessing" Yama-jii form the Gotei 13 to have more a stable military system. <--- all speculation

For the time; It was a century before the start of the main story and another century when Gotei 13 was formed. Turn back the pedulum: Chapter 108 - page 13. If he was royalty, I doubt he would be wearing the captain's design cloak. He could've been a commander-general before Yama-jii. We won't know until he makes his appearance amongst the Gotei 13; what is left of them.
The Gotei 13 has been around far longer than that. Yama-jii started the academy that trains shinigami to get into the Gotei 13 approximately 2000 years ago. He himself even stated that he isn't the first Commander General as the location of the Ouken is handed down from CG to CG.

As for Isshin Kurosaki, it's still possible that he was a captain at some point. Either before or shortly after the vizards were exiled. As while the older shinigami don't recognize the name Kurosaki, if Yama-jii were to see Isshin, there is no doubt in my mind he would recognize him if he was a member of the Gotei 13 at any point within the last 2000 years. I'm still inclined to believe that he left SS and changed his name so as nobody would recognize it.