View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 08:18   Link #934
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm actually hoping for a well worked out opposite.

Sticking to what the source tells you works for manga and novel adaptations, because those re-tell the story in a different medium. Valkyria Chronicles, on the other hand, is already pretty much an anime on its own, what possible motivation would I have for watching this if the anime is done one-on-one? I'd replay the game again if I wanted to see everything happen.

So far they've only turned away slightly, but with enough twist to make you go "Ooh, I wonder what's going to happen next?" I'm hoping they continue that trend in a well worked out fashion.
Exactly, mate.

I've played the game so much I could just about quote the game off the top of my head from start to finish and the last thing I want is an exact retelling of the game.

The anime has also allowed a few more interesting sides about the characters to be explored.

Going from what the game portrays with Alicia being one of the Bruhl Town Watch Captains, you'd thing she was someone important but in the anime she's only a small cog in a big machine.

Just all the little things that are familiar but still different. I mean we have Susie appear in the first five minutes of the anime and it fits. Not to mention she's one of the better looking girls in the game =D

Overall I'm pretty happy with the anime. My only gripe is the firearms have been drawn very badly. I can recognize the weapons but they're just represented so inaccurately.

I still can't get over how cute they made Alicia... When she hits the radio, ah man I've got to make a gif of that.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote