Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-03, 12:58   Link #61
Katapan
俺様祭り

Just to give another quick (diverging) opinion: I really enjoyed the first episode. It was about everything I had expected - Seven Arcs putting making a good use of the most likely sizable budget (I know I'll be rewatching this once a HD version comes out), Hirano Aya and Mizuki Nana delivering their usual performances (which I found good in both cases, but not outstanding (yet?)), and Maeno Tomoaki continuing to impress me.

This feels like the kind of story that may really get enthralling once everything really unfold. Of course, waiting for this might put some people to sleep... but I usually enjoy watching things slowly build up. It also feels intriguing to have the story happen in 1986, which the OST usually didn't fail to remind me.

I can only hope the rest of the show keeps looking this good - the art was consistent, but some of the animation was also original at times, which isn't something I wasn't expecting from a Seven Arcs production (not that often, mind you - this isn't a masterpiece of animation either... just a few nice moments here and there). They must have the right people working on this.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote