View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 13:30   Link #1405
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I've always loved Kawamori's forward-swept-wing designs, but the YF-29 has two additiona thursters that, from an aesthetics point of view, seem unnecessary and ruins what could have been potentially a beautiful aircraft.

On a side note, it was quite a disappointment that the VF-19 was not part of the Frontier fighting force in the TV-series. I've always thought they would be part of the military elite, fighting alongside the VF-171, but alas, that did not happen. A sub-plot involving military rivalry between the military and the SMS would have been a great addition. Unfortunately, Frontier's armed forces were given a less-than-competant portrayal in the series and pale in comparison to the performance that is the SMS.

And I wanted to see more Zentradi action in the series, but that also did not happen... sigh. Of course, many people wanted this series to last longer than 25 episodes... oh nevermind...

- Tak
Same here, there were plenty of Zentradi on Frontier, but aside from the Pixies we really never see any of the once Proud Warrior Race fighting. The complete lack of the VF-19 in the series bothered me too. I mean I can understand why they didn't put it for the typical grunt fighter because they had to get blown away left and right for the story, and doing that to the VF-19 would have been just a disgrace. Still they did throw together a VF-19 model for the air show vids, they could have painted up a VF-19 for a scene like Machida's. Alas.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote