View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 22:10   Link #196
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

All in all I'd have to give the SAO arc of the anime a 9/10, I never rate anything perfect anyway.

I liked story, Kirito was likable to me, not perfect, not a loser. I see there's still the "Marty Stu" being tossed in his direction even though he's far from it. He's more along the lines of The Ace. Though my favorite thing about his character was the lack of obliviousness to the feelings of the girls around him and his proactiveness in his relationship with Asuna.

Asuna's character was a relief to watch, seems to me almost every female lead today is Tsundere-ish, which is why I enjoy watching characters like Asuna & Lizbeth, and Kanoe Yuuko from Tasogare Otome X Amnesia. Once Asuna realized her feelings for Kirito she was more then willing to act on them.

Heathcliff.....well, I cant say I didnt suspect him of being Kayaba after his duel with Kirito. The way the introduced him and his attitude and his facial expression after kirito wounded his face in the duel and when he suddenly moved faster as Kirito pointed out, the whole thing just screamed "This is an antagonist, he is not good guy!" but what tipped me off the most was that he was seemingly "peerless." Even though Kirito was the badass Blackswordsman, he still had peers who could stand along side him. Heathcliff on the other hand, just seemed too powerful.

I was hoping to see Kirito & Asuna fight him together instead of just Kirito going it alone, the dynamic to their relationship promoted that if u ask me.

Now I know this is gonna sound rude and I apologize, but, I cant think of another way to put it, the people who are still claiming ass pulls galore for this show, just because you didnt see it coming, doesnt mean it wasnt properly foreshadowed. Asuna breaking out of paralysis didnt seem that shocking, Kirito was seemingly breaking free from it when Cradil/Kuradeel was about to kill him, on seemingly emotion alone, guess Asuna was just that more emotional.

The place where Asuna, Kirito, and Kayaba had there conversation, I think that's where all players who have died go. When Kirito opened up his menu, it said "Final Phase 54%" then ticked up to 55%. When it reaches 100% it probably means the Nerve Gear has finished charging and is going to nuke your brain. It would also explain how both Kirito and Asuna survived. The game logged them both out before it reached 100%. that's my theory anyway.

Kirito and Asuna's "final moments" together were touching. Kirito breaks your heart when he apologizes to Asuna for not freeing her from the game....and then you get him waking up in the hospital. I have to say, he's in bad shape, with no idea where she is, what floor she's on, or if she's even in the same hospital, but goddammit, he's gonna find her.

Why does this feel like I'm writing my final thoughts on this series? Oh right, 11 episodes to go.....wait.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote