View Single Post
Old 2010-06-29, 10:42   Link #60
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
HAH! I was called a "dirty old man" by one pathetic little anon negrep for showing interest in one series.
Hehe... yeah, watch out for those old farts who have avatars of cute, winking girls.

Quote:
It's been mentioned many times in this thread, but yeah I can't stand blatant fanservice... (eg. Haruhi series with all those bunny girl / waitress / maid outfits for Mikuru)
You really thought Haruhi had intolerable fanservice!?

I used to feel put off by fanservice, back in my days when I preferred action/sci-fi/drama/paranormal titles, mostly. But then, I began to "expand my horizons" and found out what a hopeless romantic I was. Naturally, I began to watch a lot more harem/moe/slice of life type stuff.

I eventually came to accept the fanservice as part of the way things were. There are degrees of it in different series, and I usually decide how seriously I'm going to take it as soon as I figure out what the degree is. If it's light, I go along with it. If it's being shoved down my throat (like the panty-shot-per-minute in episode one of Rosario+Vampire), then I basically ignore it... if the rest of the series has some redeeming quality of some kind.

So, being the old fart that I am, if the story and characters are something I think I can get into, I basically brush off the fanservice as something intended for the younger crowd, and focus on getting the most out of the other elements of the series -- art/direction/seiyuu/story/characters/music/etc.