View Single Post
Old 2006-05-04, 05:32   Link #72
Perishthethought

If you enjoy being asked by Akane whether this is the right thing to do, and then somewhat taking advantage of her, then go for it. To that end, going with Akane in the game is the choice of the person who wants to abuse a close relationship.

In the anime, it is Akane who gets dangerously close to Takayuki, who in this iteration, just does not even recognise her affection for him outside that of a pseudo-relative. Akane straddles the difficult older brother/love object distinction in much the same way as the classic 'Oniisama' series (which is why you see the doll from that series' opening and which features quite prominently in the series floating in the river in the Akane centric episodes late on the KGNE series, where she 'can't go on like this anymore' - i.e. is having a tough time separating her feelings), and even displays some overt affection (the taxi ride, the presentation of shells on the beach, 'I wish it was always like this' where she and Takayuki are alone on said beach). She even tacitly admits this affection in Akane Maniax, where she is forced to confront it by Gouda's actions. Instead, the anime Takayuki treats her merely as sister, coddles her somewhat, and takes care of her out of nothing more than a familial responsibility.

Knowing that, whether you wish to take advantage of that responsibility in game is your choice. I personally wouldn't recommend it outside of being of completionist!
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote