View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 05:14   Link #1027
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well, I actually even corrected some of the actual translators parts where i could see the mistakes. So no, preview translations does not skip anything.

In fact normal chinese translations are more likely to skip something because again the translators work with chinese raws that are translations of japanese ones and sometimes chinese raws skip sentences or words.

Since my previews come from Japanese raws I can guarantee that no sentence is skipped, however why it is still preview...Well because I still do use the MT and dictionaries a lot. I can translate simple sentences but with longer ones I still use MT (2 of them) and 8 dictionaries.

But all and all previews (well at least mine one's, the ones done by Matt were based only on online translation tools and were horrible, so I had to replace them) are as close to normal translations as you can get. And in some sense are likely to follow the story better because no sentences are skipped.

Mind you that volume 5 chapter 2 is not so important for you to wait for. It is about Tabitha and Kirche only while Saito Louise and others appear only in the very beginning and in the very ending of it and it does not have much importance to the plot.

So in a sense waiting for chapter 3 makes more sense than chapter 2 because chapter 2 is pretty much a side story.

holyman282, all of the previews are fully translated now. As I have replaced all Matt's translations (except for the very first which was corrected by Vaelis, and I only added few sentences that were mistranslated). So you can read up to 5 volume chapter 2 without any doubt. They are completed and finished.

Mind you that volume 4 is also considered one of the worst in ZnT novel series, not because of the plot but because of the way it is written. It is full of 'jumps' and character talks look kind of wooden (specially Montmorency's) but it is not the translators fault in this case. It is just Naboru was really terrible when writing it (I'm guessing he had a massive writers block and still needed to finish it on time so thats why such volume came into be).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote