Thread: Licensed Bakuman
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 19:05   Link #208
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
this is a freaking manga, in real life yes, but whereas there is this history ... its a story and the premise is an interesting idealistic look at a love.
I actually think the story would be more interesting (and realistic) if Mashiro had a girlfriend first, and then it explores how he tries to find time for his love-life and his manga passion. Who can't relate to trying to balance all the demands of your life? It's almost too easy for these guys (parents are supportive, get handed keys to studio full of everything they need, both girlfriends behind them 100%).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I can't help but feel that Azuki will dump him with a straight face the moment they achieve their "dream."
Well, Azuki is the one who wants them to wait... so if there's any 'justice' it will be Mashiro dumping her for some other girl. Actually, I sort of hope that's what happens. I think the moral of the story should be 'don't put the rest of your whole life on hold while you pursue your dreams' - but we'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I guess their relationship is somewhat like misato and kaji but with less issues.
But Misato & Kaji already had an intimate relationship, then they broke up. Even his uncle had a friendship with Azuki's mom, before they started writing each other. Mashiro & Azuki have only talked a couple of times, and have never even been on a date! You can't build a solid relationship with someone via email, and I hope that the story will show this (unlikely though).