View Single Post
Old 2009-12-21, 14:51   Link #2221
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
Only I find that manga very annoying and full of cliches? It's like reading something you've read million times before, all that sacrifice for a friends but actually staying alive, all those righteous talks and stuff. Don't get me wrong it's not bad, but it is so stereotypical it seems it's just a mix of other mangas. Is it me or Natsu is Naruto#2 like in everything?
If I wanted to watch boobs I'd watch hentai, it's like the author just can't have enough of those perverted panels and tries to include them even in every battle.
Well, it can get you a few laughs, but sometimes I can't just make myself go on after seeing such a "touchy" scenes of sacrificing your life for everyone and ONE chapter later appearing alive and ready to kick ass. If you plan to die then DIE DAMNIT! This manga is so sweet, it's bitter.
Very few mangakas openly kill their characters in fights, so everyone coming out alive shouldn't be so much of a surprise. In fact, and entire guild died in this episode and passed the point of no return, so you should be happy enough...At least there is a level of realism: Luxus was banished and Gerard was arrested, it's not like everyone forgot about it and went happy-go-lucky. The ecchiness is increasing in most mangas I'm reading atm, so apparently it draws people in more than we might think. I wouldn't call FT stereotypical, because we STILL don't have a main plot laid out before us; who Zeref really is, what he wants, what are the dragons up to, etc., which are the plot points that can go past "world domination".
Also, as waven and krono pointed out, Natsu is nothing like Naruto...he lacks the insane attachment to ANY person, looks for Igneel without going emo at every reference, and doesn't talk trash to his friends, who mean a hell of a lot more to him than the genin rookies mean to Naruto.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote