View Single Post
Old 2009-12-22, 15:53   Link #19
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wthell? That's crap. Luffy's haki attack should have been at the beginning of this chapter instead. Marco/Jozu=fail. Really wouldn't be surprised when Ace does survive but a lot of other people such as the WB commanders and others get captured instead. A blow to the marines/WG but they get other well known pirates captured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Nooo, not Coby!...That's it, I hate Luffy again. What's the point of Oda creating memorable characters if they are just there to be cannon fodder to the OMG greatest hero. I mean, at least Usopp could hold his end against Luffy even if he got shat all over at the end of the arc.

Why waste the opportunity for a great moral dilemma for these two and have a serious stand-off? Stories are not all about strenght. Both Luffy and Coby need to mature a lot and face the consequences of the fact that they have picked one side in the pirate/marine conflict based on merely selfish reasons. Merely selfish - I can't stress this enough. Even if Luffy believes in the "freedom" of the pirates and Coby in the "justice" of the Marines that's a philosophy on both ends that could use some experience to back it up, or else these characters will always stay infantile.
Dude wtf are you yapping at? Ace is about to get executed. You think he has time to talk to Coby? Even if Zoro or Sanji or whoever else tried to stop he would have attacked them.