View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 14:47   Link #1062
miketyson

The seinen, shoujo, shounen, (and don't forget josei!) thing applied to anime is one of those things that's technically incorrect (as per Shikijin) but is used so widely in the English-speaking fanbase it's not worth fighting against. It's also not really worth arguing over, either, b/c applying the classifications to an original anime is subjective.

Sazanka and Cayenne do seem like a well-suited pair: she's simple-minded and has a sunny disposition, he has a heavy heart and gloomy outlook. Nice observation, Schrade.

The dynamic I'm most curious to see is how Amata and Cayenne start getting along (or not). I can see them teaming up to become team "we must protect Mikono, even if she doesn't want us to", and that being part of what makes Mikono decide to go off to Altair.

I think it's interesting to see how much Amata's personality is starting to resemble Zessica's. Zessica's exhibited a mischievous side we haven't seen -- at all -- from Amata, but other than that they both have this gung-ho, no-hesitation, "all-business" attitude. Doesn't make for good romantic chemistry but does make for excellent comradery and very-good-friend material.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote