View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 10:22   Link #1598
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
What you guys playing as on multiplayer? I initially picked vanguard but everyone online seems to be playing as biotics, so I'm switching over to engineer or infiltrator to get a little variety.

I have to say though, while it might not be a necessary addition, the multiplayer co-op is pretty damn fun if you like the action. Also like the booster pack idea of getting new weapons/mods.
Well, Biotics are pretty much buffed from ME2 - you can now cast biotics on any defense (though they're still more effective against armor and barriers), and even on Gold challenge (the current hardest difficulty in the MP) most of your enemies are unshielded and unarmored, thus making easy pickings for biotics. Also, creating biotic explosions is now easier than ever: in ME2, you had to cast a biotic ability (like pull or singularity), then use Warp to detonate. Here, you can cast Warp first, then use any other biotic ability to detonate. Hell, even Biotic Charge now activates Warp detonations Finally, if you setup your weapons loadout just right, you can get 2 second cooldowns on your Biotic abilities, allowing you to spam them all you like.

As a result, if you have 2 or more Biotics in a multiplayer session expect to see lots of Warp and Singularity being spammed around like there's no tomorrow. If you think Biotic explosions in SP were epic, try having multiple biotic explosions being cast in a row in MP

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote